We’re looking for dedicated people who love to get their hands dirty. Passionate, committed and excited to grow: if that sounds like you, we want you on our team!
We’re always looking for safe, effective truck drivers with Class 5 licenses. Full extended health and dental benefits, flexible schedules, performance incentives and more. Apply today!
Use your skills to help change the world. Put your passion and unique abilities towards reducing climate change and making a real impact on your community. We’re always looking for more people to join the team, get in touch today.
AMAZING OFFICE CO-ORDINATOR! - Click here for more info
Help us help the world!
We’re a fast-growing recycling company based in Vancouver, BC looking for an enthusiastic and organized firecracker to help keep clients happy, grow our community and keep our office team on task.
Location: Vancouver (South Marine Drive & Main St, very close to sky train and major bus routes)
Hours: Full time
Salary: $33,000 - $37,000 (dependent on experience)
Experience: We prefer having previous admin experience, but if you're organized and an excellent candidate we are happy to train you!
You will be joining a happy, hard-working & fun team that’s focused on making recycling an unmatched experience for our clients and everyone that steps into our office. We know the work we do has a tangible positive impact on our world, and our job is to take something people might not love (recycling) and give our clients such incredible service that they change their minds!
- Extremely detail oriented, organized and a strong multi-tasker
- Good natured and enjoy working with a team of good people
- Enthusiastic about building community and the environment
- Someone our team can depend upon
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty (with a little compost or soil) ;)
- Keen on learning new skills and offering ideas for how we can grow
- Proactive and can problem solve challenges before they arise
- Have a killer phone demeanour and love making clients feel heard & appreciated
- A self Starter who get things done with little supervision
- Someone that will make our office an organized, clean and exciting HQ to work from
- Someone looking for responsibility and the opportunity to shine!
This is a full-time position (40 hrs / week with some occasional weekend and / or evening commitments). As our company is rapidly growing we’re looking for someone that will be able to grow with us and build their career. We always prefer to promote from within!
*Important notes about the position:
Our location is at South Marine Drive and Main st, only apply if you’re comfortable with your travel time. The position starts at 8am.
Only candidates with cover letters will be reviewed: tell us why you’re the best for the role :)
*Some of the responsibilities include:
- Receive incoming calls from current and future clients and manage voicemail
- Flag customer issues and follow up with them on progress and resolution
- Manage client email lists and notifications
- Look for opportunities to engage with clients (send over a new-baby gift basket!)
- Manage customer service email inbox with a ½ day response rate to customers (inbox should be empty by the end of the day!)
- Manage our web-chat inquiries
- Managing our office files and improving / optimizing our physical and cloud-based file management systems
- Track office inventory and place orders as needed
- Plan team celebrations (woot woot!)
- Oversee team goals and weekly meetings
- Sales support as neededKeep track of office expenses and budget
- Creating invoices and following up on payments
- Manage social media channels (twitter, facebook, instagram)
- Lead the creation of monthly newsletters
- Create posts and articles for our media channels, and update the website
- Suggest partnership or collaboration ideas with our list of cool and interesting clients
- Executive assistance to our CEO as needed& more!
- Outgoing and positive outlook, with exceptional written and communication skills
- Have a passion for the environment and social enterprises
- Extraordinary organizational skills and extremely detail oriented!
- Proactive and resourceful multi-tasker who thrives on handling multiple projects at once
- Self-motivated team player that can keep a team on track
- Are familiar with - and enjoy creating fun / interesting content for - twitter, facebook, instagram and other social media channels
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- You have experience with using Microsoft Office and proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel (or the Mac equivalents).
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in customer service roles
- Experience working in cloud based software
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Have a working laptop and phone
You will be eligible for full extended health and dental benefits after a 3 month review period.
Make sure to tell us:
- How many years of Administrative Support experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Why recycling is important to you?
- Why are you the best candidate for our team?
- Do you speak Fluent written & spoken English?
DRIVING TEAM - Click here for more info
Do you love to drive, love trucks and have great customer service skills and leadership ability and want to put them to work while doing something that’s good for the environment?
Do you like working independently while being part of a great and growing team?
If you said YES to the above, then this job is for YOU!*We WILL sponsor permanent residencies for the right candidate!
*We are looking to hire full-time Driver Team Members who will represent our company by offering exceptional service to our growing client-base.
We currently operate Monday to Saturday.
As a Driver Team Member, you will provide excellent customer care our clients on a daily basis by:
– Operating a hydraulic arm, and a hydraulic compactor to tip totes
– Collecting their recycling or organic waste totes from their offices, and/or from commercial and residential properties and switching them for clean ones;
– Weighing the totes collected during each service;
– Responding to dispatched emergency pick-up, new bin drops and other daily service requests;
– Spotting opportunities for new business and referring our clients to a sales agent;
– Driving, operating and maintaining our fleet of vehicles (3-5 tonne trucks);
– Using dispatch devices to track service stops and update your routes
– Driving and parking in high traffic areas
The minimum requirements for this position are:
– Physical strength (you may be required to lift heavy items); You must be comfortable lifting up to 50lbs
– A valid BC Driver’s license or equivalent (minimum Class 5);
– Safe Driving record (5 year history with no accidents)
– Experience with driving a 3-tonne truck or larger vehicle an asset!
– Fluency in English (written and spoken);
– Eligible to work in Canada;
– Comfortable with drug testing and must pass a criminal background check
– Must be comfortable getting a little dirty
Ideal Candidate Qualities and Assets
Ideal candidates for this role have some or all the following attributes:
– Works well in a team but is also a self-starter who works well independently;
– Has experience in customer service and likes working with people;
– Is solutions-oriented;
– Is safety-minded;
– Is passionate about the environment;
– Has an energetic and positive personality!
– Has waste management and/or delivery driving experience – a huge asset!
– Comfortable driving in traffic, and good working knowledge of Vancouver a huge plus!
We'll sort out all your recycling and composting program needs!Learn More
Get a Waste Removal Program that actually works for you.Learn More
Commercial & residential clutter and junk removal and recyclingLearn More
Big or small, we'll take care of your event waste & recycling logistics - so you can focus on everything else!Learn More
Make an impact on your total waste by trying compostable products in your home or office.Learn More
Find more opportunities to achieve your Zero Waste targets!Learn More
Transform your waste room into one that makes sense!Learn More
Transform your waste room into on that makes sense!Learn More
Flexible service plans. Need to go up or down by a bin? No problem! We'll adjust to your needs with only 72 hours notice required.
We know that tracking your waste diversions is important to you - that's why we provide you with your Diversion Update. Track your CO2 diversions, total waste and more!
Our service team prides itself on being the friendliest in the industry - expect smiles and friendly greetings when you see us on the truck or speak to us on the phone.
We know you want simple, clean and convenient service - that's why we make sure to reline your bin with compostable liners at each service, and keep the bin neat and tidy for your use.
Our nimble fleet is smaller and quieter and able to go where most big trucks can't. We'll be in and out in a flash!
We've been specializing in organics collection since 2009. We can get even the most reluctant composters in your office or building engaged with an effective and easy organics recycling program!